Use the above link to order your skater’s videos
Please help our one and only Alpine SC run competition. It helps pay, i.e. skating clinics, for our skaters. Sign up below:
The largest group of volunteers we need this year are “Ambassadors”. What is an “ambassaddor”? Keep reading….
Ambassador step chart:
1) Report into registration area 15 mins before group is to enter the rink. Get a volunteer lanyard and designated mask. Verify the following:
a. Go through the screening processes (temperature/symptoms)
b. Get list of skaters for your event/group
c. Obtain and review your flow time chart for the event/group
d. Review if anything is needed from the skaters? Money? Music?
2) Report to meeting area inside the gym 10 minutes before the start time for your assigned group.
a. Confirm there are not outstanding issues for skaters/coaches
b. Explain the process ahead (screening, warmup, skates on, enter through hockey boxes, skates off in locker room, exit the building)
c. Confirm they have read and agree to the COVID waiver (found on the USFS members only website-> Competition Profile -> Waivers)
d. Confirm at most two parents & coach per skater, no more, but can be less.
e. Make sure coach has a “coach credential and lanyard”, if not direct them to registration table to get one when they enter. Every coach must be credentialed! No parents may be rink side during the event.
3) At check in time, make sure you are in the right area in the gym. Ensure participants are lined up 6 feet apart and masks are fully on.
a. Retrieve thermometer from registration desk.
b. Take temperature of each person. Temperature needs to be below 100.3. If not they must leave and there is no retesting
c. Ask individuals if they have any present symptoms
d. DO NOT RUN EARLY, everything is scheduled to flow and not have groups cross each other. Do not let anyone except the Chief Referee change you from your schedule!
4) Once all skaters are checked in, and it is time to proceed to warm up area, escort your group out of the gym and into the front doors of the arena. Remind them about masks, sanitation areas & staying 6 ft apart. The warmup area for each rink is:
a. West Rink – ballet room
b. East Rink – in the lobby between the rinks – it will be marked off
Have the parents sit in the parent area, outside of the warmup zone. Coaches may be with their skaters.
5) When warm up is complete, escort your group to the designated locker room area to put on skates. This is where the parents go upstairs to the bleachers, unless there is a request to tie the skater’s skates. If this happens, instruct the parent where they need to go when they are done.
6) While the skaters are putting on their skates, check with the Ambassador of the group ahead get an idea for the timing when your group can enter, and how it relates to your flow time. Groups will enter the hockey boxes to enter the ice.
a. Bring your skaters into the hockey boxes, line up skaters and coaches along the boards. Skaters will not need to bring all of their stuff with them into the rink. They may leave their bags in the locker room and enter the locker room while other skaters compete after the warmup.
7) After skating for the group is complete, each skater will then need to go back into the locker room to take skates off, mask on, and wait to leave the rink with everyone else when the group is done.
8) Proceed out of the locker room and back down the hallway, and out the exit door at the front of the building. Remind your group to leave the building and check the website for results.
9) You are done! Ready for a new group?
We are so excited to let you know that mikes2kitchen food truck is available from 11am to 2pm. Yay!
If the weather is nice (even if it’s not so nice), bring foldable chairs as we’re not allowed to stay inside the rink.
All ordering and payment will be made available online at https://mikes2kitchen.square.site
Pick up will be contact free.
Taco Salad $11
Crispy fried potatoes w/ side of red salsa $4.50
Black Beans and corn w/ cilantro rice $4.50
Shrimp Ceviche marinated w/ fresh lime juice, red bell peppers, red onions and cilantro served w/ homemade chips $6
Chorizo & Jack cheese empanadas w/ salsa verde $4.50
Kids cheese quesadilla $3.50
Drinks: soda & bottled water
Look here if you want to know who’s skating first, in between or the last in the group. NO paper wall of skating orders or results posted at the “typical” spot at Apex…’coz of COVID to avoid congregation of folks.
Remember, be kind, be patient and give the volunteers some grace. Good Luck to all the skaters!
If you missed it, here’s the recorded 4/12/2021 Zoom Call link. PASSCODE is Funtastics2021!
Fast forward it to about 5min after…the black screen is due to host waiting for all to log in.
|To all registered skaters: |
2021 Funtastics Participants!
Hello skaters, parents, and coaches! We are excited to see you in one weeks time for the 2021 Spring Funtastics and Colorado Showcase event. As with all events this year, things have to run differently due to COVID restrictions. If you have attended a competition since the pandemic began, the expectations will be very similar to the other events. If this will be your first event since March 2020, we welcome you to join us for a Zoom call on Monday, April 12th at 6 pm MDT. The video call will be recorded for those that cannot make it.
Join Zoom Meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85202558411?pwd=RTFpUThXT0ZEaUphakVVVHhPYnp5Zz09 Meeting ID: 852 0255 8411 Passcode: 340249
Reminders for this competition:
– A skater must enter the building with their group to start their Flow through the arena 45 minutes before their scheduled start time sent by Entryeeze
– Everyone must wear a mask that covers their nose and chin their entire time in the building (face shields may not take the place of masks)
– Everyone will be health screened every time they enter the building
– Skaters will only be allowed to remove their masks while on the ice
– At most two parents/chaperons may enter the building with the skater (this event will be live streamed):
West Rink – https://vimeo.com/533287705
East Rink – https://vimeo.com/533288401
– The Flow schedule for all events is found at: https://alpinesc.org/announcements/
– The results will only be posted online at: https://ijs.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/nonqual_results/2021/29850/index.html
Thank you for adhering to our policies and we look forward to a smooth event April 17th!
Chief Referee for the 2021 Spring Funtastics and Colorado Showcase
Additional Zoom information:Carol Zeles is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: 2021 Spring Funtastics
Time: Apr 12, 2021 06:00 PM Mountain Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 852 0255 8411
One tap mobile
+13462487799,,85202558411#,,,,*340249# US (Houston)
+16699006833,,85202558411#,,,,*340249# US (San Jose)
Dial by your location
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
Meeting ID: 852 0255 8411
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kj8fKeQ2g
Due to Covid, a skater is only allowed 2 spectators in the building. But do not fret, your family and friends can still watch them – even from another state or country!
Local Motion Productions will be live streaming the event. The link is below.
West Rink: https://vimeo.com/533287705
East Rink: https://vimeo.com/533288401
Are you ready? Do you have everything? See the competition checklist below.
If you need a stay-cation, Arvada has a new hotel!
Hilton Garden Inn Arvada
Please call the hotel directly at 303-420-9799 to make your reservations. We recommend waiting on the line to speak directly to the front desk to make your reservation. Please provide the dates of your stay first and reference the group code SPRING or group name SPRING FUNTASTICS. Rate is $104, not including taxes, located at 5455 Olde Wadsworth – a block from Old Town with lots of quaint shops and restaurants.